Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 1.5 or the worst kind of relapse

I'm not even going to attempt to portray this in a humorous light: me, last night, digging through a potted plant out in front of the house, dirt under fingernails, smoking a butt that can't be fresher than Christmas break. Cut to me this morning, 5 AM, driving to the 24-hour convenience store in Seminole, buying a pack.

Going to start stopping again Friday. I've got the seven-hour drive tomorrow, and I don't think I'm up for facing that beast of a trigger just yet. Needless to say, the Zimmerman sweater, which I finished the ribbing on yesterday, will not get any attention today. Going to resume it when I resume the gum Friday morning. Also have a doc appointment later that day to ask about Chantix.

I'm not a religious person by any means, but I will gladly accept your prayers or well wishes at this point.

4 comments:

  1. i'll most def be praying for you. it's gonna be tough but the reward will be SOOOOO worth it in the end! Hang in there!! Hey, maybe you can tell yourself its either smokes or knitting - if you smoke one day, no knitting that day. Put the addictions against each other! (in hopes that knitting wins out of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i posted a comment here but it doesnt seem to be showing up! Anyways, how is it going??? I know, KNOW you can do this! Stay with it! The first few days will be the worst but once you get through that period, it'll get easier and you'll be sooooo proud of yourself! I believe in you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you on the MFKR Group on Ravelry and found your blog. I love your idea for occupying yourself while you quit smoking. It's a great spin (pun intended) on Julie & Julia. Plus there is no one better than EZ as an inspiration and support system. I can almost imagine her sending you words of wisdom (in her own special way) as you go through your journey. If you haven't seen her PBS special, it's a must rent. I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your progress.

    ReplyDelete